On a chilly February Monday (Family Day), it was nice to 1) to have most of the ingredients for a good meal; 2) have leftovers for lunch the next day; and 3) actually like it the first time we made it.
I saw this recipe on an episode of Kraft’s What’s Cooking TV, and loved that it looked easy to make, plus it had ingredients that were good for us like cauliflower (vitamin C, potassium, folacin) and chickpeas (protein).
With both of us in the kitchen it took no longer than 30 minutes from prep to plate, and that included approximately 15 minutes of simmering. I realized a little late that I didn’t have curry powder so I substituted half the amount called for, for red curry paste (did a little research online). The amount of spice ended up being perfect, the final dish was hearty and tasty (and you couldn’t even make out the cauliflower).
According to Greg “This one is a keeper”. ~ kM
Recipe courtesy of: Kraft’s What’s Cooking TV
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Red Thai Curry with Chicken in the #instantpot pin.it/ij5zxeqynkjwhp 5 hours ago
- Easy egg bites for an on-the-go breakfast. Just eggs, Black Forest ham, salsa and shredded cheese. #easypeasy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- On the menu tonight: easy and quick jambalaya kraftcanada.com/recipes/quick-… 1 week ago
- On the menu tonight: Sriracha buffalo roasted cauliflower eatingwell.com/recipe/251316/… 2 weeks ago
- On the menu tonight: Keto Bacon Chili ketoconnect.net/recipe/chili-w… 2 weeks ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen