If there is one thing I don’t like doing, it’s grocery shopping. It’s the arduous task of picking up the essentials for breakfast, lunch and dinner in order to make it through the week. It’s not exciting, I often don’t stray from the norm, because when I do it results in a trip down the chip aisle. Plus, I have to go first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds, because Crowds + Kelly = bad news.
My weekly trip to the Loblaws at South Keys includes a stroll down the produce aisles; a stop at the deli counter for low-fat turkey or ham; a stop at fish counter for the “freshest” catch; rye bread, yogourt, skim milk, low-fat cheese, canned tuna, frozen pizza (I love the PC Blue Menu Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese), and some household items.
Boring right? So how do we make it more exciting? It requires research, planning, foresight. Not easy when you’re both working 60+ hours/week, but we’ve made it a priority. We’ve made it something we’re both interested in and passionate about.
So while I often don’t look forward to grocery shopping, it’s a lot easier when I have a new recipe in hand, and when I know I’ll be going home to cook it with my husband later that week. ~kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Low carb ribs #lowcarb #swerve #keto #bbq alldayidreamaboutfood.com/best-low-carb-… 1 week ago
- RT @FarmBoy: Guess what? @CBCNews is doing a big story on the start of our company and how we've evolved over the years. Amazing, right?… 2 weeks ago
- On the menu tonight: slow cooker pot roast thenovicechefblog.com/2017/12/instan… 2 weeks ago
- On the menu tonight: Pulled Chicken from @homeofepicure #lettucewraps https://t.co/iSoK3qsdkK 3 weeks ago
- RT @Wellington_West: (2/2) Details: 1. Tell us your bucket list restaurant on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram using the hashtag #WWMar… 1 month ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen