I’m going to start off by saying “I don’t have a food processor”. We put it on our wedding registry four years ago, never received it, and it’s pretty much been the reason why we avoid making soup. I still don’t have one, but the night before I had made some homemade chicken broth, so I had this eagerness to make my own soup before the weather got too warm.
So as I searched for a recipe that had chicken broth and that didn’t require too many groceries, I came across this Roasted Garlic Soup recipe from Foodland Ontario, it had blue cheese (your choice Roquefort or Stilton) in it…sold!
The recipe is quite lengthy to prepare (thank goodness I picked up some sushi as an appetizer, because we didn’t eat supper until close to 8 p.m.). As the garlic roasted in the oven (approx. 45 minutes), I prepped as much of the rest of the recipe as possible: chopped the onion, leeks and chives (the parsley didn’t look very good at the market); measured the chicken broth, vermouth, cream and flour. I even washed my dishes.
Without a food processor I had to settle for using my blender (little messy), and it did the job just fine (perhaps Santa will get me a food processor this Christmas?).
Once poured into the bowl, topped with the chives and blue cheese, it smelled heavenly. The texture was smooth to taste, and lacked a little flavour on its own, but get a spoonful with blue cheese and it was a match made in my kitchen. ~kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- RT @FarmBoy: Only 2 days left in our Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off! Submitted your ballot yet? Closest guess at each location wins a $50 Farm Boy… 7 hours ago
- On the menu tonight: tomato soup with grilled halloumi #fall #comfortfood #ottawa #soup https://t.co/sUv3BId3TZ 3 days ago
- On the menu tonight: spaghetti squash jambalaya goodcheapeats.com/2016/09/spaghe… 5 days ago
- On the menu tonight: Garlic Parmesan Salmon healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/baked-g… 1 week ago
- On the menu tonight: cripsy chicken thighs #lowcarb #keto jenniferbanz.com/crispy-chicken… 1 week ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen