Beside bacon, we’ve never been big pork lovers. It’s not something we order off the menu when out, we tend to lean towards seafood or beef if given the choice, but lately we’ve decided to give the other white meat a fair chance. If you’re as uncertain about the variety of pork options, how to cook it, recipes, etc. as we are, there is a great Canadian website putporkonyourfork.com that provides you with all the nutritional information you need and more.
For this particular Friday Date Night we’ve decided on nice pork tenderloin (I feel like I’m trying to convince myself still).
Friday Date Night #5
The food: Roasted Pork Tenderloin (recipe courtesy of Farm Boy)
The mood: Adele
I’m not going to lie, what drew me to this particular recipe was that we had almost all ingredients except the fresh ginger (didn’t even have any in the freezer) and light sour cream. The marinade was simply to concoct, and we once again relied on our Magic Bullet to purée the ingredients together, little mess and easy clean up, everything goes right into the dishwasher.
Once the pork tenderloin was in the oven, we moved on to making the sauce. It too was simple to make, however, I thought it would yield more and it certainly wasn’t going to be enough for the entire meal.
Cooked to a perfect 160 degrees, the tenderloin was succulent, moist and flavourful. I wondered if we had marinated the pork longer than recommended 30 minutes would we have tasted more of the garlic and ginger in the meat? Either way, paired with a side of steamed asparagus, listening to Adele (an artist I introduced Greg too that evening), is not too bad a way to spend a Friday night right?~ kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- @Sheas75 On the menu tonight: Baked Lemon Butter Tilapia 🍋🐟 damndelicious.net/2016/04/30/bak… #meatlessmonday #tilapia 6 days ago
- @Sheas75 It was pretty good. I added some onions and herbs to give a little more flavour. 6 days ago
- On the menu tonight and already in our slow cooker. Portobello mushroom and chicken #comfortfood #slowcookersunday… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- On the menu tonight: Shepherd’s Pie #comfortfood #groundturkey #winter #sunday #justlikemommade #usingwhatihave https://t.co/ssccGQAx8y 2 weeks ago
- Cheese crisps (only cheddar and garlic powder). #keto #ketogenicdiet #nofilter https://t.co/QwWrlbLS18 2 weeks ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen