I unfortunately wasn’t able to attend the successful and popular Summerlude this past Sunday, so after an afternoon of getting my garden ready for the season, I decided to create my very own.
What does it take exactly? Well according to the Summerlude Facebook page, it looks like a good sangria, some Latin sounds and socializing on the rooftop patio of the Hard Rock Cafe with those of us that love our great city. I was going to have to improvise I little. I have a little patio (on solid ground), I think I have “Red Red Wine” on my iPod (I know it’s not Latin), Greg and my golden retriever, Cooper, are home (so it won’t be a big party), and most importantly I have the ingredients to make a sangria.
3 cups red wine
2 oz (60 ml) apricot brandy
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 orange sliced in rounds
1/2 lemon sliced in rounds
1/2 lime sliced in quarters
1 cup ginger ale or club soda
Stir all the ingredients except the ginger ale, and refrigerate for one to two hours if possible. Once ready add ice, ginger ale and serve.
I might have missed the event of the summer, but on this particular Sunday I couldn’t have asked for better end to my weekend. ~kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Low carb ribs #lowcarb #swerve #keto #bbq alldayidreamaboutfood.com/best-low-carb-… 1 week ago
- RT @FarmBoy: Guess what? @CBCNews is doing a big story on the start of our company and how we've evolved over the years. Amazing, right?… 2 weeks ago
- On the menu tonight: slow cooker pot roast thenovicechefblog.com/2017/12/instan… 2 weeks ago
- On the menu tonight: Pulled Chicken from @homeofepicure #lettucewraps https://t.co/iSoK3qsdkK 3 weeks ago
- RT @Wellington_West: (2/2) Details: 1. Tell us your bucket list restaurant on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram using the hashtag #WWMar… 1 month ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen