We’re home after spending a wonderful week at an all-inclusive in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We had a great time, with great weather, great friends, but unfortunately for our waistlines, with a great buffet.
Why is it that any and all discipline you exhibit at home goes out the door the first time you step up to the all-you-can eat breakfast buffet of bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc.? And the funny thing is, only a couple of hours later you belly-up again, thinking you’re hungry, making yourself feel better by putting a couple of slices of tomato on your plate, only to sit there stuffed and feeling gross. You can try to eat healthy by resisting desserts or limiting yourself to just one plate, but when you don’t normally eat like this, or as a someone said on the trip “if you’re not use to carb loading” on rice, roasted potatoes and patties, well the jeans you wore on the flight down will likely be a little snug on the way back.
It’s really hard not to get carried away when every meal is provided at large for an entire week. It’s a vacation from meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking, so of course you want to take advantage of it, but now it’s back to reality and perhaps wearing fat pants to work this week. ~kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Carbonara #lowcarb #keto #zucchininoodles dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-c… 1 day ago
- BBQ pork shoulder lettuce wraps #BBQ #slowcooker instagram.com/p/BZPeL3NFdw_/ 2 days ago
- On the menu tonights: Crunchy Keto Chicken Drumsticks and coleslaw dietdoctor.com/recipes/crunch… 3 days ago
- RT @FarmBoy: It's official! We're thrilled to announce we'll be opening our doors later this fall @CFRideauCentre in #Ottawa! https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- On the menu tonight: baked salmon with cilantro/garlic sauce via @themeddish themediterraneandish.com/baked-salmon-r… 1 week ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen