As summer approaches there is one thing we all think about and stress about (well I know I do), and that’s getting into our bathing suits. So with maybe a month or so before beach weather, Greg and I tend to kick it into high gear, we drink lots of water, hit the gym and try to eat healthier, before we have to bare any skin.
So as I leaf through cookbooks and scour the Internet for healthier recipes , I came across this one on the FoodNetwork website by Bobby Deen. It had been awhile since I had made couscous and I always love working salmon into our weekly meal plans. There were a few things however that I wondered about this recipe, the house seasoning for the salmon called for a one cup of salt, really? One cup? Is that necessary? And why is everything in the recipe measured in cups, etc. (metric) but the couscous in ounces (imperial)?
I definitely didn’t use a cup of salt in the house seasoning, I used maybe a tablespoon, and I cut the rest of the remaining ingredients for the salmon in half. The quantity seemed like a lot, and even once sprinkled on top of the salmon, it created a coating or crust. The estimated cooking time was exact and perfectly timed with the couscous.
The couscous was super easy to make, I used water, not chicken stock. It came out a little sticky, not fluffy like it does usually not sure why, but all in all it wasn’t bad, but nothing special. I think we would make the salmon again, but would think twice before making the couscous again.~kM
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Goulash Soup with lamb #lowcarb #keto #comfortfood #fallfavourites dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-ca… 3 days ago
- On the menu tonight: Low Carb Shepherds Pie #keto #lowcarb #cauliflower #comfortfood mypcoskitchen.com/low-carb-sheph… 4 days ago
- On the menu tonight: low carb lasagna with zucchini noodles in the slow cooker #crockpot #keto #lowcarb #comfortfood wellplated.com/low-carb-lasag… 5 days ago
- Seems like the perfect time to heat up a bowl of @allin_mikuna #comfortfood @FarmBoy #soup https://t.co/kLn8CqcqUo 6 days ago
- On the menu tonight: Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Legshttps://lowcarbyum.com/crispy-oven-baked-chicken-legs/ #lowcard #keto #drumsticks 1 week ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen