A few weeks ago, my wife and I were faced with a rather perplexing dilemma. We both had a craving for pizza, but it was just so darn beautiful out that a hot, greasy take out full of pepperoni just didn’t seem right. The solution: a fresh, homemade grilled, veggie pizza.
Confession: it was too nice out to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and since I knew it would take some work cutting all the veg, I cheated and used Greek pita (the kind without pockets) for the crust. I cut up some Roma tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, zucchini and onion. I then marinated them all in a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice, along with some store-bought, pre-mixed Italian spice.
To assemble the pizzas I spread a little olive oil infused with roasted garlic on the pita, topped with a mixture of the grilled veggies and then some grated mozzarella . On to the Q for about 10 minutes (until cheese melted) and then topped the hot pizza with a few fresh arugula leaves to add a little peppery taste. Perfect with a deep earthy red like The Lucky Country Shiraz (Australia) we picked up at the LCBO. ~SS
Stuff we’ve been up to
Stuff we’re talking about:
- On the menu tonight: Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) with Lemon-Garlic Spicy Shrimp via @Skinnytaste skinnytaste.com/zucchini-noodl… 4 days ago
- RT @kraftrecipes: RT this Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe & we'll donate 1 meal to help #FeedtheWorld2017. kraft.us/2u55uAM https://t.… 5 days ago
- RT @FarmBoy: Share your favourite BBQ recipe for a chance to win a $50 Farm Boy gift card! ow.ly/JqIU30dvn1y https://t.co/AhrD2CX8Xw 6 days ago
- On the menu tonight: taco lettuce wraps cookingclassy.com/turkey-taco-le… 1 week ago
- @epicuriadotca Awesome thanks! 1 week ago
Stuff caught on camera:
Just stuff:addiction anniversary apple Baan Thai balsamic barbecue barley Beau's beef tartar beets blue cheese breakfast Brookstreet Hotel buffet caesar salad Chardonnay Chef Caroline Ishii couscous croutons curry Elgin garlic goat cheese hamburger jambalaya jerk Juniper Justin Rutledge leek Loblaws maple syrup Mardi Gras marinade meatballs meatloaf mushroom mushrooms Pad Thai pasta Pelican Grill pizza Play Food & Wine pop potato chip pot pie poutine ribs risotto salmon sausage sauvignon blanc shake Sidedoor sloppy joes slow cooker snack foods soda soft drink soup spring roll steak Stew street food tacos Thai Thailanna town turkey vacation Vietnamese vinaigrette Wellington Gastropub Winterlude Zen Kitchen Zen Ktichen